Pages

Laugh!

"Smile, Mama. You're so pretty when you smile."
My daughter's words from months ago still echo in my ears.

I need to smile more, but I just don't think about it.  I need some sort of reminder!

 

I just came back from a wonderful run. About halfway back, a question came to my mind...

"Why am I so serious?"
I feel "serious"...
responsible, behind, hurried.

Why?


I live in the country, such a beautiful part of the world.

I'm a "stay-at-home" mom.

I homeschool.

I'm "livin' the dream".

The only pressure in my life is self-imposed.

I plan the schedule. I set our routine.
So, why am I not relaxed and light-hearted?

Taking time to answer the "why" was revealing for me!!!

(Try smiling right now.  
If it feels "unnatural", ask yourself "WHY?")

Like a light being turned on, answering this question gave me a fresh, more objective perspective. I don't need to try to chase away the darkness of a gloomy-feeling.  (I need to live by faith, not feelings!!!) As I uncover the light the Lord has put inside me with His presence by choosing faith, hope, and joy, the darkness and heaviness disappears on its own.

God's timing. 

When I came home from running, Handsome handed me a package that came in the mail.  Chuck Swindoll's book, "Maybe it's time to LAUGH AGAIN, Experiencing Outrageous Joy".   (Thank you, Lord!)




It is time for me to laugh and smile...
TODAY!!!

I won't wait until school is out and summer break begins.  I will choose joy today!

JUST FOR FUN:
I wrote this post yesterday evening, and before I put my kids in bed, I gathered them in my room.

 We all drew smiley-faces on our hands and agreed to try to make each other smile and laugh the  next day.

I hope these ideas inspire you with a few creative ideas of your own.



  • I woke my kids with this silly songs from my childhood...


  • I have been slipping smarties to the kids when I catch them smiling throughout the day. 


  •  We are taking laugh-breaks between subjects today to read a couple jokes and comics to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment