Pages

how pillow-fights lead to the sweetest communion

One Christmas I made a basket full of miniature pillows, each stitched with an up-lifting word or the name of someone in our family. We’ve used these for countless spontaneous battles.



On June 27th of this year, my precious daughter brought me a drawing.

She said,
“This is me
and a cross inside me.”



When I asked her what it meant, she explained that she loved Jesus and that He was inside her heart, just like the pillow.




She ran back into the house and brought back the smallest pillow from our pillow-war basket.

Today she asked if we could have “square crackers, the ones that look like Jesus’ body”.

“Mom, we should have some juice, too, so we can remember Jesus’ blood.”

Saltines and Cranberry-Grape Juice, and we remembered.

Thank You, Jesus, for dying for us, for giving us Your body and Your blood so we can remember. Thank You, God, for sending Your Son to die for us.



"Let the little children come to me, and do not forbid them for such is the kingdom of heaven."