Pages

How to live.

Deep thinker.  Poet.  Philosopher.  Dreamer.

I can paralyze myself with thoughts.

Life is short.
I want to live this life well.
But, What does it mean "to live well"?
And, Who do I allow to define "the life well lived"?

Time passes; pages of ramblings fill my journal leading me back to where I began.
Live is short... Only now my life is a couple hours shorter.

How does the "thinker" become a "doer"?

Handsome sings the answer for me, "Put One Foot in Front of the Other".  Oh, my simple wise husband with the motto, "Just Live!"... so like the Nike slogan, "Just Do It!" 


My soon to be sister-in-love, lost 90 pounds and ran a half marathon. How?
She put on her shoes and started to walk.

How do you
...run a mile, 5K,10K, marathon?
...write a book?
...play an instrument?
...learn to cook?
...eat an elephant?

One step, one word, one note, one ingredient, one bite at a time.

You want to know how to live?  
If your heart is beating and you're breathing, all you're lacking is action fleshing out a dream. 

What is tucked away deep inside your soul?
What were you created to do?
Got the vision? ... Now go to it.

Start now. Start walking, start writing, start playing, start cooking...
painting, singing, speaking, sketching, building, teaching,...
And as you begin, you'll discover what you need to do...
buy a new pair of running shoes,
take a class,
find a mentor,
volunteer, ...


If you come to a wall, pray.
The Lord will show you if you need to tear it down, climb over, or walk around, but I doubt He'll tell you to quit, go sit on the couch and watch TV.

So, how will I live?
One moment at a time.
One step at a time.

I will dream. I will pray. I will keep moving forward.
Little bit, by little bit.  However slow at first, until I know I am running this race well.

"The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong..." Eccl. 9:11
"Run in such a way as to get the prize."  1 Cor. 9:24
"I have fought the fight.  I have finished the race.  I have kept the faith."  2 Tim. 4:7
"My only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me..." Acts 20:24

BTW - I have signed up for a 5K.  Now I'm running figuratively and literally!