joking, arguing, lying,
in the waiting room,
at the grocery,
at church, in the library
there is no escaping...
talk-shows, sitcoms, radio, sermons, commercials,
books, magazines, signs, emails, text-messages, junk-mail.
One month of so many words
from "one little word": WORDS
...and what have I learned?
- words are tools
- they can be used for good or evil
- word-tools (from phones to facebook) are just tools
- they are not "good" or "bad"
- tools are to be used: they are my servants
- I will not allow them to master or direct my life
"Everything is permissible for me
-- but not everything is beneficial.
Everything is permissible for me
-- but I will not be mastered by anything."
1 Corinthians 6:12
This year, I will use words,
and the "word-tools" available to me,
I will be
With all my "senses",
W rite intentionally
O pen (my ears to listen) intentionally
R ead intentionally
D iscern (feel... via body language) intentionally
S peak intentionally
Lord, I need your words.