Pages

All Dressed Up

Long hair...

a simple "trick" really...



"things aren't always what they seem".



another reminder to not judge things by their appearance.




FYI  -  I used ribbon to cover a headband to match the color of my dress, leaving the ends of ribbon long on both sides. My short hair is wrapped around the headband and held fast with hair combs and pins.  Then I sewed a cheap wig that I bought after Halloween to a hair comb, pushed it into the pig-tail, and tied the long ribbon from the headband around my pig-tail and the wig to hold it in place.

 
I ordered my costume on-line, but once it arrived and saw how it was made, I knew I could have easily made most of it myself.


For example this skirt, which is "one size fits most", is one long rectangular piece of fabric.  It has ONE seam on the side, a basic hem at the bottom, and a string of elastic at the top.




Something to Ponder:

Many of us live as though life were a costume party.  Before we go out, we dress-up, make-up, to cover-up our insecurities.  Oh, the joy of being free of pretending, feeling comfortable being ourselves!

Susie Larson said, "Paint the barn and move on." Don't be sloppy and neglect your appearance, but don't get caught up in superficial idolatry of beauty.

It doesn't take a lot of money or time to be clean and attractive, but if we are consumed with our external appearance, no amount will be enough to satisfy us.

To paraphrase a statement by Christa Black, "Beauty is not a reflection issue; it is a perception issue."

Enjoy your life, your health, and the beauty God has given you. You are beautiful! You were made in the image of God. The Bible says, and we all know, that external beauty quickly fades. But, a woman of true beauty, inner beauty, will become more and more beautiful!