Pages

Journals and more...


23 years ago my older sister gave me my first journal.


pen and paper...
thoughts poured out.


a rubbermaid tub full of journals,
years and years of memories...




Who was that girl who scribbled lines?
Too emotional, too much




... too many thoughts and feelings,

and it came out sounding so senseless.

Still, it poured out,
and now I can hold it and make sense of it all.


One of my most treasured "journals" is the notebook my husband gave me containing every email of our first year.


It begins with a poem and tracks our relationship from the week we met until a few weeks before he proposed.


My journals are my
"footprints on the sands of time".


Too many words?
not enough.
I hang on every word.
They contain lessons learned,
love ... longing ... memories, too precious to forget.

The thought unwritten is forgotten, lost forever except to God. The word unspoken, unheard ... is a blessing if grace is the guard set over our mouth, keeping watch over the door of our lips. Or, a loss if it is pride holding back a gift that begs to be given.


"Could we with ink the ocean fill,
And were the skies of parchment made,
Were every stalk on earth a quill,
And every man a scribe by trade;
To write the love of God above
Would drain the ocean dry;
Nor could the scroll contain the whole,
Though stretched from sky to sky." F.M. Lehman

What God has done in my life can not be written it its fullness; I don't even completely know all. But, I want to remember and praise Him and share

"Footprints, that perhaps another...
Seeing shall take heart again".


Thank you, God, for giving me words.

Thank you, God, for the sister that gave me my first journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment