Pages

The Wonder of Flight


It is raining.


I look out the window at the start of the day...
so dark,
do gloomy.

Until I look at the world from a higher view.
From here, I can see the sunrise.
The dark world is filled with light.


But, you know what they say,
"Red sky in the morning...
sailors take warning."

What does a day hold?
I have such a limited view from where I sit.


So much more is going on than I am aware.



So many people,
variables,
surprises,
details...

I can no more control "my world" than I can control the weather.





But, I know the ultimate Traffic Controller...

He even has control over the weather.


At this altitude I can't help but be reminded, "God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus."  Eph. 2:6  I am in Christ, and Christ is at the right hand of the Father.  All is brilliance and light in His presence, and He is always with me. 


It is bright and sunny today.

A change of perspective.
The world looks so different from here...
so brilliantly bright,
so cheery.

In a few hours, I will return to a cloudy world, where so many do not know the reality of the Light that is veiled from their view.

Yet, I have this hope.

"The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned."  Isaiah 9:2

So, I will not live as those who have no hope; nor will I keep it to myself.

From Psalm 104:
Praise the Lord, O my soul.
Lord my God, you are very great;
you are clothed with splendor and majesty.
He wraps himself in light as with a garment;
he stretches out the heavens like a tent...
He makes the clouds his chariot
and rides on the wings of the wind


Lord, I remember You are in control of the weather,
and You are sovereign over all the details of my life.
The perspective You show me when I am in You presence
assures me that everything will be alright.

Yes, today is going to be a beautiful day!