Pages

HOLD ON!!! Here we goooooo!


"Sit back and enjoy the ride."


"You're locked in tight.
You can't fall out.
You're safe.

If you allow yourself to be gripped with fear
rather than excitement,
you'll miss out on the fun.

Anticipate the thrill as you climb to new heights.
Feel the rush as the wind blows past.

The path is tracked out.
Others have gone before you and have lived to tell the tale.

"Relax, enjoy the ride!"


I need to take my own advice today, and I tell myself,

"There's an adventure to be had;
it'd be ashamed to go through life with your eyes close,
teeth gritted, fists clenched tight."


Every dip, every bend on the roller coaster of life is a surprise cause you only get one ride.

I hear the clikety-clickety-click of the approaching hill, am forced back in my seat as I face the sky, wondering what is over the top...

a 205 ft plummet to the earth?

or a series of vertical loops
with a dizzying chain of horizontal circular curves?



Why be all up-tight?
This is the best view of the park!

Pr. 31:25 "she can laugh at the days to come"

Why not laugh?  Especially when you know everything turns out all right in the end.

"All things work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose."  Rm. 8:28

I can almost feel the breaks catching, the quick jerk forward as the car instantly stops in place, and the gentle move forward as the train pulls under the covered roof of the station.  All smiles, deep breathes exhaled, "we made it"

And all of us who are strapped in "in Christ" are certain to arrive safely at our destination... heaven.

Will our first moments in there be that way?
An exchange of comments,
"Boy, that went fast." 
and
"Oh, that was fun!"
and
"That wasn't so bad."

Lord, don't allow me to make myself miserable as I go through this life.  I don't want to be the one to say, "I kept my eyes closed tight the whole time." and "I hated every minute of it."   Let me be one who has fun and trusts you all the way.  You've planned the course of my life.  Your hand is on me.  You won't let me fall.



 I trust You, Lord.  I praise You for Your sovereignty, Your goodness, Your love, Your knowledge of me and the future; this is my worship today. With my hands up in the air, I'm enjoying this minute, and I can't wait to see what you have for me around the bend.