Pages

At the End of a Hard Day

Ever had a day when nothing seemed to go right?
...nothing was easy,
and little can be shown for all the effort?

Ever had two or three of those days in a row?

When I come to the end of a day (or week) like that,
despite how I feel,
I can tuck my children into bed,
turn out the lights,
lay my head on my  pillow,
and "count it" a good day.



Today may have felt like a horrible day;
still, this day "counted".

Though I feel I accomplished little.
It was not wasted.
I learned something.

Regardless of how I feel,
if what I am doing is "as unto the Lord",
my efforts to persevere in doing good
are not in vain. 

I am glad to see this day end, but I have another reason to be joyful.
God told me to...
"Count it all joy 
when you fall into various trials;  
knowing this, 
that the trying of your faith 
works patience.
But let patience have her perfect work, 
that you may be perfect and entire, 
lacking in nothing."  
James 1:2-4

Character is proven under the trial and pressures of the daily grind,
And, even when I blow it,
I have a reason to rejoice:
I will have another chance to try again tomorrow.

"If you look in the mirror
At the end of a hard day

And you know in your heart you have not lied
If you gave love freely
If you earned an honest wage
And if you've got Jesus by your side
You can thank the father
For the things He has done
And thank him for the things He's yet to do
And if you find a love that's tender
If you find someone who's true
Thank the Lord
He's been doubly good to you."  - Rich Mullins


 "Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. 
Let nothing move you. 
Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, 
because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." 
1 Cor. 15:58

"Let us not become weary in doing good,
for at the proper time we will reap a harvest 
if we do not give up."  
Gal. 6:9

Thank you, God, for familiar promises and continual reminders that put days like these in perspective.