Pages

The Waters Roar and Foam

Psalm 46, rolls off my tongue, verse after verse,...


...like waves of the sea spilling and tumbling on to the shore.


I stand and recite a Psalm of Praise to my God, reminding myself of His power and goodness.  As I take in His living, moving art, I worship.


"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. 


Therefore we will not fear,


though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,


though its waters roar and foam....


"God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at the break of day...


"Be still and know that I am God...


"I will be exalted in the earth..."


I go to the seaside to seek the Lord and find perspective.

Winter or summer, rain or shine, the crashing tide in all its shades of grey and green leaves me in awe of my Creator.  Regardless of what I am facing, standing alone, so small and insignificant in contrast to the vast and mighty, I find my worth. 

He is here with me, within me.  He knows me.  He loves me.   And, I am swept away by the revelation that He wants me to know Him.


"The Lord, Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress."

Take a minute, open your Bible, and read the entire Psalm.  Stand at your window, look in the mirror, gaze on the face of someone you love, and be in awe of what Your God has done.

No comments:

Post a Comment